Week of: 5/29/23
- Created base site, with home, about and progress log(this page)/progress log editor
- Added basic styling to page so page is not a pain to look at.
- Struggled for a bit with writing update functionality of progress log admin as it had more moving parts than create or delete functionality
- Learned more about php $_POST as well as a bit of SQL
Week of: 6/12/23
- Installed Docker and Docker Desktop on my machine
- Began learning Docker through the tutorials listed below
- I spent much of this week trying to grasp the concepts within Docker and struggled at times.
- Once I began to understand it, Docker became very interesting to me.
Week of: 6/19/23
- Worked on converting previous application running on Xampp suite to local Docker containers
- The tutorials I had looked at last week had not covered this in a way that was applicable to my project so I had to go and find a more niche one that did.
- Struggled for a bit with issues I had not yet encountered. ex: php warning that was messing with my ability to add information to my progress log database, mysqli was not included in apache image
- Also learned how to build my own basic Docker image.
Week of: 7/3/23
- Began learning about basic aws functionality.
- Set up my own EC2 Instance and began experimenting.
- Learned how to ssh from my own machine into my instance.
Week of: 7/10/23
- Migrated my docker application running on my local machine to my AWS EC2 instance.
- Used new images from the AWS ECR repository for my web server container and database container.
- Struggled for some time as I ran into unforseen configuration issues. For example, I kept getting a mysqli connection error when trying to pull from my database or connect to phpmyadmin.
- I also learned how to set security groups for my EC2 instance to allow my containers to correctly talk to eachother.
Week of: 7/17/23 and 7/24/23
- Brought over the work I did last summer for Advent of Code 2017
- Reconfigured file names so that they are better accessed by my code.
- Wrote code so that each day and part of the Advent of Code that I have completed will be displayed dynamically, each with a synopsis of the problem, my code, the input given, and my answer.
- I implemented some basic security measures by adding login functionality.
- Using a cookie, only one user can access admin privileges at a time.
- The password the user enters will be hashed and compared to the existing one in database.